“Not everyone is the same. Some people just like to kick back and coast through life. And others want to be very intense, and want to be #1 and want to be successful.”
- Trust yourself. Dig deep down and ask yourself, who do you want to be? Not what, but who? Not talking about what your parents or teacher wants you to be. But you. Figuring out for yourself what makes you happy. No matter how crazy it sounds to people, so trust yourself no matter what and how anyone else thinks.
- Break the rules, not the law. It is impossible to be a maverick or a true original if you’re too well behaved and don’t want to break the rules. You have to think outside the box. What’s the point of being on this earth if all you want to do is be like everybody else and avoid trouble.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Anything I’ve ever done, I was always willing to fail. You can’t always win, but don’t be afraid of making decisions. You can’t be paralysed by fear of failure, otherwise you will never push yourself. Success will come so don’t be afraid to fail.
- Don’t listen to the naysayers. How many times have you heard, you can’t do this, you can’t do that, it’s never been done before. I never listen to anyone who says I can’t, I always listen to myself and said, yes you can.
- Work your butt off. You never want to fail because you didn’t work hard enough. I always believed leaving no stones unturned. Only start counting when it starts hurting, that’s when it really counts. No pain, no gain. It’s important to have fun. But when you’re out there partying, horsing around, someone out there is working hard, and getting smarting, just remember that. You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pocket.
- Give back. Whatever path you take in life, you must always find time to give something back – give something back to your community or give something back to your country.